Wednesday 27 February 2013

Upcoming gaming, EOTD, Requiem, X-wing and more

This is a post to give light to some of our upcoming games at 'Games Club'. So here we go:

Empire of the Dead

Next week, or perhaps the week after if my painting is behind schedule as it often is, we are starting a new EOTD campaign!

Our old campaign was our first and included three factions, Her Majesties PeelersThe Athenaeum and a vampire faction we chucked together... The Evillians which used some zombies and Ringwraiths.


The old squad. 

For our next campaign I have started to paint up some Lycaon. We are all interested in how they will work as we find EOTD ends up mostly being a big shoot out. Chris is taking the help as Lycaon, which I am not 100% happy about as the painter I was keen to give them a go. Dan's will be a Darkfire club (to make use of the zombies he is painting), and I will create a new Gentlemen, police faction. 


EOTD Requiem. 

I am sure you all by now know about EOTD Requiem, the expansion for EOTD. I am very excited by this, some of the models they are proposing look and sound great. It is being run as a kickstarter campaign with various pledge's and stretch goals. Check out the kickstarter here

I am looking forward to being able to turn my makeshift peeler/gentlemans faction into a real peeler faction with the Supernatural Branch. 


Dan and I will be sharing a pledge 75 which means we get a PDF, 23 models, some extra special characters as well as the PDF rules. We feel like that will suffice for our games club, I mean you can't get everything can you?

Star Wars X-Wing

I love this game, it is simple, yet a heck of a lot of fun! However I have been patiently waiting for to long now for my pre-ordered Millennium Falcon, Slave 1, A-wing and Tie-Interceptor to add to the fleet. Hurry up Fantasy Flight Games! 


The Hobbit and LOTR

We have just enjoyed a couple of sessions of The Hobbit and will certainly be playing more in the near future! 



Check out the session reports: The Hobbit: Escape from Goblin town and part 2.

Call of Cthulhu and D&D

We are keen to play a few more RPGs through the year such as Call of Cthulhu as I am a fan of H.P. Lovecraft and D&D. 


Flames of War.

The other game we are keen to play more of is FOW. We have already played some of this in the past and are looking forward to giving it another shot...

and more... 

That is about it, I am sure we will find more to play as out Games Club develops. Every so often we pull out a board game or two. I am looking forward to a few sessions of Arkham Horror and Battlestar Galactica. In the end I am more of a fan of board gaming than Dan. 

As the age old saying goes, 'Happy Gaming'. 

7 comments:

  1. Its going to be a good year I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The EotD Requiem ks is great so far. Look forward to seeing some of your EotD Exploits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. West wind has made a fantastic game! I am looking forward to see what they do with the new factions.

      Delete
  3. Love how the witch king pops up in the background of the first photo: "Whoops wrong game... Can any of you guys point me in the direction of the SBG game?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean 'pointy the witch king vampire' from the Evillians vampire squad?

      Delete
  4. I'll certainly be watching what you guys get up to :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...