Friday 30 August 2013

German Camo: Waddaya think?

So I am painting up some nebelwerfers (nebs as they are lovingly referred to) and thought I would whip up some different camouflage styles for my Germans.

As a support platoon to my Fallshirmjager army, they are not part of the FJ or Luftwaffe branches of the Wehrmacht, but rather the "Heer" or land based.  So I thought I would do some different camouflage on them.  I have painted each team a different style, and will mix them all up at the end.  Team one was painted with my "traditional: FJ camo (even though they are not FJ):

The three teams as a WIP
As an aside, does anyone else make up silly names for their German military paraphernalia: - panzer-stuffer, panzer-muncher, panzer fluff chucker.  I hate to think what we are going to do with nebelwerfers - noodle chuckers?
Team One with my usual FJ Camo
Then I used the camo tutorial over at the Flames of War site (see: here).  Yes I know that they are SS, but they just look cool.  First team using the "Plane Tree" pattern:

Not their final position - going to mix them all up at the end


Then I did the "oak leaf" pattern:



So what do you think of my noggin-wackers and the various styles?  Still have the command and observer to do, so open to all new suggestions.

4 comments:

  1. They look fine Dan, I think its pretty much anything goes at this scale - I usually start with a pale cream base tone, and do stripes /spots of green and brown then shade wash and very light drybrush with theh original cream, works for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them, they look good to the eye and will look better again when based as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are great! Looking forward to seeing them on the field.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...