Friday 25 July 2014

Hello world and DIY X-Wing space table

Well it has been a while! I finally decided it is time to get back into the blogging world again! First off I better give a shout out to Paul from Dog of War for nominating us for a Liebster award which I will have to work out how to put on our website. I think that means we will have to nominate some lucky bloggers out there.

What have Dan and I been doing lately? Well after our last post we played a fair amount of FOW honing our skills. Unfortunately I am a terrible procrastinator when it comes to painting so that took a lull. Dan has been working on some large scale model planes. After FOW we played a fair amount of Star Wars X-Wing. I even attended a FLGS tournament and came 4th out of 13 which I was pretty stoked about!

Store championship range ruler! #selfie

With that in mind I decided for the upcoming Wellington Call to Arms tournament I will join in on the X-Wing tournament. It's pretty happening over here at 50mm game room. So without further to do here is my most recent DIY project.

The eery science of space, and a grassy knoll.

Not so bad. Pretty much just used black spray paint for the base layer (I had to use 2 cans) and blue to create the nebula/stars. As you can see its outside drying right at this moment. Next step is to paint a white stripe down the centre to split the table into two as its 6 by 3 where a standard x wing game is 3 by 3. Conveniently enough it can work as two tables side by side or the 6 by 3 size works perfectly for the x wing epic rules.

"Play more games" Wil Wheaton.
(Yes I did back Wil Wheaton's Table Top season 3 while we weren't blogging). 

8 comments:

  1. Wow that is a long hiatus, good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paul. Good to be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Good to hear you've been playing and painting and all that good stuff. I've got into a bit of X-Wing myself lately too. I'm in the FoW comp at CTA, but when I get a 6-1 butt-kicking and have some time on my hands, I'll come over and say hi. Nice bit of space too, very effective! Cheers, Paul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you guys back on the blog.

    Very nice bit of space board there, very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you posting again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks good Steve. Be good to play some more x wing on it. Still haven't made up my mind on whether to do CtA...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the welcome back guys! It will be neat to see you at CTA Paul and hopefully I can encourage Dan to come as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. U build Great Artikel ^_^ i already Share this artikel
    Come to my website to view the contents of my website
    BOLA PELANGI - BANDAR MIX PARLAY TERBESAR DI INDONESIA HANYA DENGAN 1 USER ID SUDAH BISA BERMAIN SEMUA GAME.
    Join US ! klik link di bawah ini ☟

    Prediksi Parlay Jitu
    Mix Parlay
    Bola Jalan
    Bandar Bola
    Bola Online
    Berita Bola
    Prediksi Parlay

    Untuk Info Dan Bonus Menariknya Bisa Hubungi Kami Di Bawah Ini :
    WHATSAPP 1 : +6282143134681
    WHATSAPP 2 : +6281333472723

    Ayo buruann , mana tau kamu menjadi jutawan setelah bergabung dengan kami .. buruann !!!

    ♛ Group FB Prediksi Parlay = https://www.facebook.com/groups/346501502486292/
    ♛ Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/bolapelangi_01/Bola Pelangi
    ♛ Pinterest = https://id.pinterest.com/bolapelangilounge/ Bolapelangi Lounge
    ✆ WA = +6282143134681 || +6281333472723a

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...